Electrical Controls Engineer
- Deliver quality engineering solutions and drive installation of new equipment and upgrades through commissioning phase for one time completion.
- Understand complexity and drive to solve problems on Siemens and other systems.
- Design schematic diagrams.
- Work with integrators, contractors and site personnel to bring new functionality online and to troubleshoot issue as they arise.
- Drive the modification of production equipment, testing and energy systems and measurement, communication and control devices.
- Experience with facility power distribution and building infrastructure systems including Motor Control Centers (MCCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), lighting, HVAC and dust collection, alarm systems, and low voltage DC systems Support the specification of some electrical components for custom automated industrial machines
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and troubleshooting guides for newly established automated equipment/processes.
- Manage project budgets and schedules and routinely report progress. Ability to self-direct on projects and tasks and the ability to manage a team.
- Experience working with fieldbus communication networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, Device Net, and Profibus Experience working with multiple vintages of PLC platforms, Siemens programming, servos, machine safety systems, and 3-phase motor controls.
- Lead, advise, and train peers and technicians.
- Comply with all safety policies and regulations for equipment and personnel
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Work with counterparts (Headquarters) in Germany.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or technical school in Electrical or Automation Engineering; plus, Five (5) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Siemens PLC experience required (S7, TIA Portal). Automated packaging experience a plus.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and ergonomic principles desired. Must be familiar with 6-axis robot programming and machine vision principles.
- Experience in project management, ideally in the manufacturing environment, is desired.
- Experience referencing and applying National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E.
- Five (5) or more years of leadership experience in Manufacturing, Automation, Programming and Machine controls.
- Able to travel domestic and internationally 10% of the time depending on project.
- Language Ability
- Read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical Ability
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric system.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Microsoft Word document processing software, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Visio), Strong knowledge of Siemens system, HMI programming, Knowledge of Electrical schematics and troubleshooting of VFD, Internet Explorer browser software, and Adobe Acrobat and SAP.
- Direct Hire
- Competitive Benefits
- Salary Range $80,000 – $90,000
- Onsite training and international-travel training opportunities