Engineering Team Leader
- Deliver quality engineering solutions and drive installation of new equipment and upgrades through commissioning phase for on-time completion.
- Installation, modification and maintenance of production equipment, testing and energy systems, measurement devices, communication devices and control devices.
- Troubleshooting and correction of system malfunctions.
- Participate in the design of mechanical systems for new, or modify existing, automated machinery to automate manufacturing processes.
- Support the specification of some electrical components for custom automated industrial machines.
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and troubleshooting guides for newly established automated equipment/processes.
- Manage project budgets and schedules and routinely report progress. Ability to self-direct on projects and tasks and the ability to manage a team.
- Lead, advise, and train direct reports, junior engineers and apprentices.
- Comply with all safety policies and regulations for equipment and personnel.
- Monitor key performance indicators and targets and execute plans to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or technical school in Electrical, Mechanical or Automation Engineering; plus three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Siemens PLC experience desired (S7, TIA Portal). Automated packaging experience a plus.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and ergonomic principles desired.
- Must be familiar with 6-axis robot programming and machine vision principles.
- Experience in project management, ideally in the manufacturing environment, is desired.
- PMP certification is desired.
- Read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric system.
- Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Microsoft Word document processing software, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Visio);
- Internet Explorer browser software; and Adobe Acrobat; proficiency in 3D CAD software and HMI programming as well as experience in Solidworks and SAP.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.