- Plan and implement technical development projects for the formulation and characterization of new products.
- Develop chemical and physical property test standards and specifications for new products.
- Develop innovative, safe and economical manufacturing process parameters for scaling-up new products.
- Troubleshoot product problems and develop rework procedures.
- Assist current and potential customers by modifying product formulations to meet specific performance criteria.
- Improve current processes.
- Qualify new raw materials and offset raw materials.
- Help as necessary with quality control testing and routine adjustment of formulations.
- Write detailed quarterly technical projects progress report.
- Must be part of the R&D Laboratory safety inspection team.
- Able to identify hazardous chemicals and handle them safely.
- Interact with production personnel on pilot batches and production problems
- Interact with sales personnel to understand existing product issues/uses and product development needs
- Work with all employees, customers and vendors in a civil, professional and respectful manner at all times – verbally, non-verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in chemical industry, preferably Silicone Formulation.
- Previous chemical formulation experience.
- Two component room temperature cure silicone experience.
- Able to clearly communicate.
- Good organizational skills.
- Open to suggestions from employees.
- Able to operate testing instruments.
- Able to identify and handle Hazardous Materials.
- Fill out paperwork and reports neatly, accurately and completely.
Company Policies and Additional Requirements:
- Continually practice safety procedures and policies to protect yourself, others and company owned property.
- Practice civility in all aspects of your job by listening, hearing and working together with co-workers, vendors and managers and by resolving issues respectfully and professionally in a civil manner.
- Comply with company rules, policies and procedures.
- Seek guidance from a Team Leader or Manager before performing an unfamiliar task or assignment.
- Complete job tasks efficiently, timely and accurately according to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), job aids and based on job function.
- Maintain work area (e.g., materials, stock areas, desks, floors, shelves, counters, etc.) in a safe, clean, organized, and efficient manner.
- Must show up for work on time and be willing to work occasional overtime as required (with adequate notice from management).
- Demonstrate reliable attendance, limited lateness or call outs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Willingness to learn other jobs.
- Perform other job related duties or responsibilities when requested or required whether or not specifically mentioned in job description.
- Willing to work with others in team.