- Plan and implement technical development projects for the formulation and characterization of new products.
- Develop chemical and physical property test standards and specifications for new products.
- Develop innovative, safe and economical manufacturing process parameters for scaling-up new products.
- Troubleshoot product problems and develop rework procedures.
- Assist current and potential customers by modifying product formulations to meet specific performance criteria.
- Improve current processes.
- Qualify new raw materials and offset raw materials.
- Help as necessary with quality control testing and routine adjustment of formulations.
- Write detailed quarterly technical projects progress report.
- Must be part of the R&D Laboratory safety inspection team.
- Able to identify hazardous chemicals and handle them safely.
- Interact with production personnel on pilot batches and production problems
- Interact with sales personnel to understand existing product issues/uses and product development needs
- Work with all employees, customers and vendors in a civil, professional and respectful manner at all times – verbally, non-verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in chemical industry, preferably Silicone Formulation.
- Previous chemical formulation experience.
- Two component room temperature cure silicone experience.
Domestic Relocation Support Available
Visa Sponsorship not available for this role