Human Resources Manager
- Partner with the key leaders of the manufacturing and warehousing teams to understand and support the business; align the business objectives with the employees and management.
- Server as the HR leader for the manufacturing and warehousing teams, providing support and solutions for all associated HR needs.
- Develop and maintain a literacy about the manufacturing needs and the facilities, the short- and long-term goals, the culture, and the competition.
- Provide hands on management to ensure all HR needs are maintained with accuracy with time sensitivity to urgent needs related to the needs of the employees and the business.
- Supervisor a team of HR professionals to include 2 HR Generalists and an HR Coordinator.
- Oversee (and serve as a backup for) payroll administration for all pay groups (including Canadian group); weekly/bi-weekly processing and ongoing payroll maintenance; management of the external payroll service provider(s).
- Oversee payroll policies and procedures, supervising all information necessary for payroll, time records, wage reviews, internal transfers, and coordination with Managers/Supervisors.
- Assist/oversee the staffing process for hourly manufacturing workforce; to include temp-to-hire with staffing agencies; and/or direct hires. Evaluation of service and support of all staffing agency partnerships.
- Oversee Worker’s Compensation administration with HR being the liaison between injured worker, the manager, and the WC carrier, to include coordination with the EHS Manager, managing the injured worker’s treatment plan and claim process; to include OSHA 300 and 300A.
- Experience with benefit programs (selection and education) and associated external vendor relationships, COBRA administration, ACA administration, annual vendor and plan design evaluations.
- Consult/advise employees on benefit eligibility, provisions, assist with questions, to include 401k administration.
- Advise and counsel managers on HR related topics, policies, procedures to optimize employee and team development.
- Objectively assess and resolve employee relations issues.
- Be involved in planning, implementation, administration of most all HR functions, including but not limited to employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, EEO.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of tactical and strategic HR work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience in payroll administration – ADP ideally
- Broad HR Generalist skills, including compensation and benefits, organizational development, safety and health, labor relations, employment law.
- Knowledge of human resources practices and policies as well as applicable state and federal laws.
- Stress tolerance in sometimes difficult situations
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment; ability to meet deadlines and timing requirements.
- Ability to work flexible schedule when necessary to accommodate a 3-shift workforce