- Responsible for leading the maintenance team across all shifts including a maintenance supervisor and a parts coordinator.
- Handles recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Ensures manufacturing processes are well-designed and efficient and follow continuous improvement practices
- Ensuring that the manufacturing equipment is well maintained and the production area is safe and clean
- Initiate, implement and manage the maintenance program based on industry best practices, with an emphasis on planning, scheduling and preventive maintenance.
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Oversee and manage the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Ensure that the maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee and approve maintenance operating and training manuals and ensure that all maintenance staff are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitor, review and audit the operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate and oversee projects to improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, preventive maintenance compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensure local, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety, health and environmental policies and procedures for the maintenance department.
- Collaborate with production management to coordinate the maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance field and management
- Prior experience running a PM program across an entire site.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical equipment, drives, motors, gearboxes, electronics and hydraulics.
- Excellent management skills for directing, coaching, scheduling, and assisting team members
- Knowledge of manufacturing and industrial engineering principles and practices and maintenance practices
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and Lean concepts
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment
- Inventory and supply systems for a maintenance department
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment processes
- Knowledge of Industrial programmable logic controllers
- Knowledge of Industrial pneumatics
- Knowledge of industrial electronic systems, including 480V, 240V and DC voltages • Industrial hydraulics and fluid power
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- The individual possesses fine hand manipulation (keyboarding) skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to adapt to the noise level of a manufacturing setting, which is usually moderate to heavy.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a computer, phone, printer/scanner, and filing cabinets.
- The temperature will vary from hot to cold, depending on the weather.
- Must be able to work from elevated platforms.
- Monday – Friday (Call in as needed)
- 50 hours per week