Material Handler (Third Shift)
- Operates forklift to locate finished goods from conveyor system to specific location in warehouse.
- Monitors and verifies accuracy of warehouse inventory by item, lot, and location through use of barcode scanner.
- Removes finished goods from conveyor and palletizes according to specific product instructions for pallet height, box type, and products
- Wraps each palletized product with automated pallet wrapper.
- Places appropriate pallet label and scans barcode to verify inventory location. Locates pallet, scans floor bar code and completes location process in scan gun.
- Utilizes the barcode scanner to “pick” raw materials.
- Reports any inventory discrepancies to shift supervisor/manager.
- Accurately completes and verifies paperwork.
- Reviews product details with oncoming shift to ensure accuracy of shift change over.
- Maintains good housekeeping on equipment, floors, trash cans and waste according to AIB (ANSI International Standards of Baking) requirements.
- Performs any other assigned duties or tasks requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Can read, write and has a good command of the English language, both written and spoken and be able to perform simple math.
- Must be able to read and use measurement instruments.
- Forklift certification required
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Lifting up to 55 lbs. from floor to waist high.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Frequent climbing up and down ladders.
- Use a utility knife following prescribed safety regulations.
Lighting is good and temperatures will be hot in summer and cold in the winter. Earplugs, eye protection, steel toed shoes and hair nets are required in the production area. Gloves, face-shield and other various types of protective equipment must be worn when working around certain equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.