Mechanical Technical Manager
- Provide technical support during design and preconstruction to assist owner and Architect Engineer.
- Manage Equipment start up turnaround process V-Start (KAN-BAN)
- Assist in the implementation of the project’s QC Planning and inspection process.
- Monitor Field Construction of Electrical / Mechanical subcontractors for schedule management and conformance to contract documents.
- Provide expert technical support to company personnel as required to resolve field construction or similar problems. May include interpretation of codes, design of specialty equipment, etc.
- Develop, issue and maintain general instructions and guidelines for field construction methods utilizing current industry and company practices.
- Develop and maintain current work controlling documents which set mandatory minimum requirements for work, authority, documentation and record requirements in accordance with applicable codes and contract requirements.
- Review A/E specifications, bid inquiries, etc. to insure technical and code requirements for material, equipment and field activities are met.
- Continuously research, evaluate, and recommend implementation of new (or improved) construction processes, equipment, material, techniques and methods as technology improves.
- Participate in constructability reviews of design documents to help determine most cost effective and schedule efficient method of construction.
- Manage Equipment start up and turnover process V-Start (KAN-BAN)
- Provides technical input to company functions such as estimating, controls, project management or other areas.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional industry training and experience.
- Minimum of five years extensive experience related to mechanical and / or Electrical discipline. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of discipline construction technology, equipment, materials, methods, etc., required.
- Proficiency in problem solving and written/verbal communications skills essential.
- Computer literate in a wide variety of applications including web based project management systems.
- Ability to accept project assignments that may require extended long term temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job sites.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
About the Company:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
This position can be based out of any office, or you can live in any US city if you are able to travel 100%.