Production Shift Leader
- Helps manufacturing staff achieve company goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results
- Enforces company policies and guidelines
- Reports safety related issues for all production areas and equipment
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees
- Assists workers by offering personal growth opportunities
- Implements cost-saving strategies and techniques
- Ensures that production plans are completed by a certain time
- Ensures that product complies with internal and external quality requirements
- Counsel’s employees on how to achieve an optimal output or workflow
- Resolves issues and disputes between manufacturing employees
- Communicates with and assists other manufacturing departments as needed
- Evaluates the condition of production equipment and makes and/or requests repairs and adjustments as necessary to meet customer demand.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for all workers; meets 6S requirements
- Confirmation and completion of Production Orders in SAP
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1 – 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
- Excellent coaching and communication skills with an ability to mentor team members
- Able to deal with complex issues in manufacturing setting
Directly supervises two or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.