- Establishment and further development of the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Provision of a uniform and up-to-date project database
- Project support and coordination
- Implement project schedules and plans in a timely manner
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and troubleshooting guides for newly established automated equipment/processes.
- Manage project budgets and schedules and routinely report progress. Ability to self-direct on projects and tasks and the ability to manage a team.
- Comply with all safety policies and regulations for equipment and personnel
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Monitor & adjust optimization of all equipment
- Maintain and create accurate quality system documents, process documentation
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school for Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; plus three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Siemens PLC experience desired.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and ergonomic principles desired.
- Experience in project management, ideally in the manufacturing environment, is desired.
- Language Ability: Read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner. Leads equipment installation and commissioning projects.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations. Demonstrates a “we can if” approach to problem solving.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mathematical Ability: Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric system. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Microsoft Word document processing software, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Visio); Internet Explorer browser software; and Adobe Acrobat and SAP.
Certificates and Licenses:
- PMP certification is desired
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to drive a forklift, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds, push and pull occasionally up to 25lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.