Project Manager Steel Erection
Customer interface, estimating changes in scope, scheduling, procurement, construction oversight, safety oversight, cost and progress monitoring, management and reporting.
- Provide overall management direction for self-perform industrial projects ranging from $1 – $50 MM.
- Actively manage crews of self-performing heavy industrial trades such as millwrights, ironworkers and riggers.
- Manage and direct subcontractors engaged in heavy industrial and process work.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Thoroughly understand Owner’s contract requirements and initiate and manage changes accordingly.
- Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Authorize/approve all project purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- On union projects, may assist in jurisdictional disputes and negotiations as required.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project logs and documentation files.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, logistics, and engineering functions as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience and professional training.
- 10+ years supervisory or equivalent experience in similar type self perform construction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams from contract award to project close-out.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); Company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negotiations essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
What we offer:
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity