Sales Account Manager – Plant Technology
Sales Account Manager at Viscon Plant Technology
Do you have a passion for plants, a fervor for flowers, a talent for technology, commercial skills, and are you looking for the next step? Join Viscon as a Sales Account Manager!
Why do you want to do this job at Viscon?
Viscon is characterized by informal and short lines of communication. It is a warm, open and social company where innovation is central. It is a close-knit organization that is growing rapidly in which you get the freedom to grow and develop further.
We are an organization that always balances between the dynamics of innovation and the structure of standardization. Our customers in the Horticultural sector want the latest technology and this means that it is never boring with us! We now have 55 years of experience in this, so we know quite well what we are doing and how we can maintain that balance. Every day over 300 colleagues work with us on the most innovative, qualitative and creative solutions to move products from A to B within production organizations. From harvest to product that is in your shopping cart, from seed to tomato, from young plant to bedding plants and from egg to chick.
You will work in the commercial team of Viscon Plant Technology. This team specializes in providing turnkey solutions for automating any horticultural production process. We offer solutions for young plant production and cultivation of ornamental plants, forestry and medicinal crops. At Viscon Plant Technology, the team is constantly designing and manufacturing machines from stand-alone units to complete production lines so that you can automate all labor-intensive processes. Whether you grow from seed, tissue culture, embryos or cuttings, we help you get the most out of your young plant production. Quality, efficiency and reproducibility are paramount at Viscon Plant Technology.
What are you going to do?
As Sales Account Manager at Viscon Plant Technology you will become part of the sales team that develops high-quality automation solutions in horticulture. The recent merger of the Visser, ViVi and AimFresh divisions to create Visser Plant Technology gives scope to bring together reliable automation, software and plant science to create future-proof and innovative young plan automation.
In this exciting market, you will work together with the Viscon Team: Managing Director of the US, commercial manager, and another sales engineers. Working with our design and manufacturing teams in the Netherlands and Poland, you immerse yourself in the wishes of the customer, develop a solution and help draw up the quotation. This means that you are not your average salesperson, but use your technical background and creativity to link our techniques to the wishes of the customer.
What do we ask of you?
- An Associates Degree / Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or other technical degree;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; preference for Agriculture/Horticulture background
- Ability to travel domestically (50%) and Internationally (10%)
- Ideally based within commuting distance of Charlotte, NC.
- You have affinity with technology & sales;
- Knowledge of AutoCad and Microsoft Office;
- You are accurate and can work on different projects at the same time
- A self-starter, but Team Player, keeping in regular contact with colleagues and customers in different Countries / Time Zones.
- You have the Viscon character. What does this mean? That you are proactive, eager to learn and result-oriented.
What can we offer you?
- An innovative working environment where you are invited to think creatively and will be listened to! You can contribute to creating a more sustainable world, improving Animal Welfare standards.
- The opportunity to help build a business in the US using existing support networks within the Company.
- A competitive salary, rewards for achievement and a good benefits package
- 20 days paid time off per annum.
- Training and development support.
Sounds good? Contact Bertina Brase at Q WORKS GROUP at firstname.lastname@example.org