Senior HVAC Service Technician
Level 3 and/or 4 Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain light commercial equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance such as replacing belts/filters and identify anomalies in HVAC equipment.
- Log HVAC equipment such as refrigerant circuit, electrical circuit, condition of equipment, etc.
- Ability to braze, leak checks, and the evacuation process.
- Understands the commercial DX equipment up to/over 25 tons, intake/exhaust fans, split systems, heat pumps, water source heat pumps, min-splits, electric motor controls, etc.
Education and Experience
- Universal EPA certification
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings and equipment specifications
- Ability to troubleshoot complex high and low-voltage electrical systems. Expert ability to read wiring schematics.
- Has a thorough understanding of various equipment to include large unitary packaged equipment over 25 tons, SWUD units, VRF, basic air-cooled chillers, semi-hermetic compressors, dehumidification equipment, complex specialty equipment, air handlers of all types, simple boilers, cooling towers, water pumps, valves, actuators, and VFD’s.
- Proficient with troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all components of the above equipment.
- Complete understanding of the sequence of operation and control strategies for the above equipment
- Thorough understanding of airflow for variable air volume systems. Must understand duct design for these systems and control strategy.
- Understanding of DDC control components and pneumatic systems
- Demonstrated experience in understanding basic refrigerant cycle, various heating components, and air distribution system