Supplier Quality Engineer
- Contribute to the development of the company’s NA strategic & tactical plan under the guidance of the PDS NA Quality Manager
- Conduct First Article Inspections, tests, and assessments on batches of products to identify potential non-conformances or quality issues.
- Maintain detailed reports related to supplier quality that contain vital information including defect rates and areas within the manufacturing process that result in flaws.
- Under the guidance of the Quality Manager, provide technical guidance and advice to suppliers and to decision-makers to attain information on process enhancement and/or suggestions to overhaul production and manufacturing elements to reduce defect rates.
- The supplier quality engineer will work closely with the vendor to incorporate these recommendations.
- Serve as a liaison between the organizations’ senior management and vendors by meeting with both parties to identify issues in supplier quality and strive for continuous improvement.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Maintain a positive presence as a Role Model for safety and continuous improvement throughout the business
- Conduct vendor site visits, as needed, to review manufacturing process and to ensure vendors are supplying conforming products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and/or 3-5 years working as a Supplier Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong statistical analysis skills. SQE should be able to rigorously assess and analyze supplier or vendor data and then drive to improve both external and internal metrics
- Have the knowledge of technical elements of manufacturing and engineering, such as reading and understanding technical drawings and bulletins
- Supplier Quality Engineer needs to inspect products to identify potential issues.
- Using calipers, micrometers and other similar measuring instruments is essential in the role.
- Should be well-versed in technical/engineering operations and best practices.
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients, and partners.
- Have a willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance as well as the continuous improvement of our daily working environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers; problem resolution skills; understand competitive market; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high-volume environment.
- Detailed oriented, well-organized; self-starter; ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Dependable and self-motivated.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is primarily moderate to loud.