- Set-up/start-up Thermoformers and make process adjustments as required meeting or exceeding production standards for the shift.
- Record and monitor line settings and react quickly to any process changes in order to avoid major line disruptions.
- Ensure quality of the product by use of calipers, scales, micrometers and/or other measurement devices or equipment.
- Properly label, palletize and stage finished product.
- Operate forklift to prepare, maintain and retrieve raw materials while ensuring proper set-up for the next shift.
- Direct and communicate with packers, material handlers, assistant operators and maintenance during product changeovers. Provides detailed instructions to in-coming shift at shift change over.
- Report any machinery problems to the Lead Operator/Supervisor or Manager and communicate with maintenance the required machine repairs.
- Prepare and complete quality control paperwork, production tracking and use the scan gun to report production and consume rolls.
- Maintain good housekeeping on machines, floors, trash cans and waste according to AIB requirements.
- Cross-training on all Thermoforming equipment, i.e. un-winders, ovens, molds, trim presses, grinders, tape machines, etc.
- Provides teamwork by assisting in other departments as needed.
- Perform any other assigned duties or tasks requested by management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, and have good command of the English language, both written and spoken, and perform simple math
- Must be able to read and use measurement instruments
- Requires the ability to plan and perform a sequence of operations where standards and recognized operation methods are available and the making of general decisions regarding quality, set up, and tolerances
- Forklift certification requires
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist high.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Frequent standing the majority of the 12-hour shift.
- Use a utility knife following prescribed safety regulations.
Lighting is good and temperatures will be hot in summer and cold in the winter. Earplugs, eye protection, steel toed shoes and hair nets are required in the production area. Gloves, face-shield and other various types of protective equipment must be worn when working around the Thermoformer ovens.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.