- Work as part of a team and also independently in evaluating and applying Traffic Engineering principles, standards and criteria
- Utilize various design software/tools (Synchro and HCS) for traffic analysis for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments
- Lead the development of signal design plans, specifications, and estimates based upon agency standards.
- Interact directly with clients and review agencies at project meetings and ensure that all client project designs meet and exceed engineering standards
- Provide support to transportation and other project managers on all aspects of transportation engineering
- Build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering clients and review agencies.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on tasks such as traffic safety analysis, intersection design, roadway signing and pavement marking plans; active traffic management, and traffic and signal operations analysis.
- Adhere to project schedules and budgets and keep supervisor aware of any issues
- Prepare technical reports and papers for clients and/or internal distribution
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional engineer registration required.
- Previous experience in traffic analysis and design of traffic signals.
- Traffic modeling experience
- Traffic studies/analysis experience as well as previous DOT experience.
- PTOE certification preferred but not required.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- A successful track record of project management, including development/management of scopes, schedules and budgets for traffic studies.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Understanding of Business Financial Information
- Superior Health, Dental, Vision, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Condensed work schedule
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- Retirement Plans
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Thomas & Hutton University – On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our client is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant